cases & bags

Thursday 12 May 2011

Understanding the Mood of Pictures

Do you ever feel the atmosphere when you see the picture? Can you feel the Mood of the picture when it is captured? Well, I'm not a psychic, I can't really tell what was happening at that moment by looking at the photos :)

Mood, it is something you can't be taught, you need to feel by yourselves. But, there are theories, scientific prove, some colours have their Mood. I'm not going to show you all the theories in here, I will only show you photos.



This photo was shot in a dark room. The light was shooting from the top of the castle. I might not doing the lighting well, but I hope the castle looks "silence", "mystery", "cool" or "it looks like Tron". Also, you need to clear all the unwanted things at the background so it won't spoil the Mood.



While this photo was shooting with the Built-in Flash of my camera. As you can see, the shadow of the castle was captured, the flash fired from the front of the castle, and the castle just ... ...well, normal, nothing special, it just a 3D puzzle, it sucks ... :(

Background Shadow, it is something you do not want in the photo most of the time. But as long as you use a flash, you will capture shadow as well. So you need to find an angle to avoid the shadow being captured, at least you need to minimize it. 

Therefore, if you want to get a picture with Mood, you need to have imagination. Think and not just simply shoot with a flash because of underexposure.


Do you want to know more? Please "like" my posts ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment